Friday, January 13, 2012

Their Lips are Moving (Part Four)

Today's evidence that our government lies to us regularly and systematically relates to an event very close to home, literally. I suspect that some readers are about to go into "la la" mode. La la mode is that state of cognitive dissonance where one really doesn't want to know what one is about to hear because it's unpleasant and goes against what they've believed, and so one sticks their fingers in their ears and sings loudly--la la la.

I know this because for many years, I was in la la mode as well. It was very hard for me to face the truth about some things, because I lived them and felt them very personally--today's topic in particular. It was much easier to ignore those who were trying to tell us the truth, or to relegate them all to that category of "them"--the ones we think are so different from "us." It was easier to discredit the information just because of the label (right-winger, or nut-job, or malcontent) that got slapped on the source(s). The media is very good at that sort of labeling, you see. But eventually, my natural curiosity took over and I had to know. Now I do. I found out that the evidence is so strong as to really defy any explanation except that there's been a huge, calculated lie told to us, and the sources of that evidence are everything from middle aged ladies who work in offices to veterans to cops to business owners to the government itself.

You are free, of course, to la la to your hearts' content. But here's how I look at it: 1) information can only be dangerous if you don't have it; and 2) just because you don't know about something doesn't mean it's not there (e.g., before gravity was "discovered," did people float around?), so not knowing about bad stuff doesn't make it less bad, it just makes you more vulnerable to it. When you're done reading (if you aren't too busy singing), the links in this post lead you to hours of video, lots of articles, and dozens of witnesses that are a lot more persuasive than I. So with that in mind, here we go, with the lies we've been told about the Oklahoma City Bombing.

Official Story

The Oklahoma City bombing destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995. It killed 168 people, including 19 children under the age of 6,and injured more than 680 people. The bombing destroyed or damaged hundreds of buildings within a sixteen-block radius, and totalled at least $652 million worth of damage.

Within 90 minutes of the explosion, an Oklahoma State Trooper happened to stop Timothy McVeigh for driving without a license plate and arrested him for unlawfully carrying a weapon (they really are lucky, aren't they?). It was said that evidence quickly linked McVeigh and his friend, Terry Nichols, to the attack. Michael and Lori Fortier were later identified as accomplices, but no one other than McVeigh was alleged to be at the scene of the bombing.

The story goes that McVeigh, an American militia movement sympathizer, had detonated an explosive-filled Ryder truck parked in front of the building, motivated by hatred of the federal government generally and in retribution for by what he perceived as unjust actions of the government against militia elements at Waco and Ruby Ridge. McVeigh supposedly timed his attack to coincide with the second anniversary of the deadly fire that ended the siege at Waco, Texas.

As a result of the bombing, the U.S. government passed the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996, which seriously weakened the doctrine of habeas corpus in the United States, as well as legislation designed to increase the 'protection' and surveillance around federal buildings. The bombing has also been used to further discredit militia movements and others who question the integrity of the federal government.

Some Reasons The Official Story is a Lie

We've reached a place in the history of lies where the evidence is more complex and plentiful than to be presentable in a couple pages on a blog, so, in brief fashion, I will summarize just some of the evidence that the official story is cooked up. Tremendous quantities of detailed evidence is available on the internet, in print, and in video, for those who'd like to check it out. Please take this as merely an outline of places to start looking.

John Doe Number 2--Many of you may remember the composite sketch of the second suspect sighted at the scene of the Murrah Building bombing, known as John Doe Number 2 (McVeigh was at that time still John Doe number 1).

Witnesses had stated that McVeigh was with at least one other person in the Ryder truck on the day of the bombing, as well as a few months prior. See here. And here. Apparently, there is video evidence confirming a second man in the Ryder truck with McVeigh, but that evidence has not been released to the public. See here. And yet, the official story has no account of Number 2's involvement, and the FBI withdrew the arrest warrant for him and just stopped pursuing a person who may be guilty of 168 counts of murder. Hmmm.

The Prior Blast--While the official story only acknowledges one explosion-that of the truck bomb parked in front of the Murrah Building-both eyewitness statements and seismographic evidence proves there was more than one explosion on the morning the Murrah Building went down. The seismograph at the University of Oklahoma registered two blasts, ten seconds apart. Eyewitnesses inside and near the Murrah Building reported that there was a first, rumbling impact that felt similar to an earthquake or large thunderclap, and then with enough delay that some of them were able to seek cover under furniture, the second, huge explosion.

The Disappearing Bombs--At the time, news reports from several local and national news outlets referred to comfirmed reports of two bombs, in addition to the truck bomb that is said to have destroyed the building. Both unexploded bombs were reported as being recovered and presumably disarmed by authorities. On the video at the link above, that story is confirmed by then-Oklahoma-Governor, Frank Keating. It also comports with my recollection of the news at the time, which I followed closely, and remember quite clearly, because I was pregnant with my daughter at the time and the bombing of a daycare center set me into a major emotional episode, so I watched news coverage compulsively and with great interest.

After the initial reports, however, there was no discussion of the construction of those other bombs, which were referred to at the time as having been "sophisticated devices" that could only have been made by explosives experts, and which were inside the Murrah Building, which would have been under intense video surveillance. In fact, those two other bombs have disappeared entirely from the official version of events. Former FBI supervisor Ted Gunderson and frequent speaker on the subject of the OKC bombing contended before his death last year that it was critical to the official story that the only bomb be the ammonium nitrate truck bomb because Timothy McVeigh didn't have the knowledge necessary to make a more sophisticated type that experts believe was used in the bombing.

Advance Knowledge of the Bombing--Several Witnesses have given statements that "bomb squad" personnel were at the Murrah Building prior to the explosion. These witnesses were as varied as: an Oklahoma park ranger who says he was told by an acquaintence on the bomb squad that they had been at the building since the early morning checking out a tip that the federal courthouse might be bombed; the mother of a baby who was killed in the explosion who says she saw men in jackets with the words "Bomb Squad" on them standing across the street from the Murrah Building about an hour before the explosion; a local attorney who said he saw a bomb squad truck towing a trailer about a block and a half from the Murrah Building about an hour and a half before the bombing; an employee of the County Assessor's Office and an employee of the County Elections Board, each of whom separately reported seeing a bomb squad vehicle parked in front of the County Courthouse near the Murrah Building prior to the explosion; a private investigator who reported seeing a group of men in paramilitary uniform with police dogs who appeared to be investigating bushes near the County Courthouse across from the Murrah Building;

The Absent ATF-- According to the affidavit of a paramedic who was on the scene within five minutes of the explosion, that agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) told her that they were not in their office that morning. Another EMT has stated she also overheard one ATF agent say to another, “Is that why we got the page not to come in today?” Another witness claimed he was also told by ATF agents that they had been paged not to come in to work.

The Witness/Investigator Intimidation--Not blindly accepting the official story has proved a somewhat fruitless effort on the part of those who have tried it. A number of witnesses and investigators in the bombing case have been intimidated and even killed. These include OKC grand jury member Hoppy Heidelberg, Oklahoma City Police Officer (Ret.), Don Browning, Oklahoma City Police Officer (deceased), Terry Yeakey, and others.

The Secret Life of Tim McVeigh--A letter Tim McVeigh sent to his sister before the bombing that was published in the New York Times in 1998, as well as photographic evidence that you can see in the video linked above in the Disappearing Bombs section, indicate that McVeigh was recruited as and acted secretly in military 'Black Ops,' well after he was supposed to have been discharged from military service. This, of course, is nowhere in the official version of the story.

The Security Tape Mystery-- The Murrah Building was a federal office building as well as a federal courthouse. As a former lawyer who practiced mostly in federal courts, I can vouch for the fact that, even back in the 90's, you didn't get in or out of a federal building without providing identification and going through security scanners, and once you were there, you couldn't breathe without being videotaped from three angles. The Murrah Building and surrounding areas all had video surveillance, and for years, people tried to get ahold of those tapes to see what could be seen. The FBI staunchly refused to turn them over for over a decade. Finally, after filing a lawsuit and winning, a Salt Lake City attorney got what the FBI claims are all the tapes they have. The ones around the building pointed where they should have shown the moments before the blast have been edited to delete the time just before the bombing. The recordings resume after the explosion. The FBI claims that ALL FOUR cameras surrounding the building "ran out of tape" at the same time. Imagine the odds. And imagine the poor schmo who was up on poles or ladders or wherever, replacing that tapes so those cameras could all come back on right after the blast. Almost makes one believe in fairies. As the lawyer who fought for a decade to get the tapes said, "Four cameras in four different locations going blank at basically the same time on the morning of April 19, 1995. There ain't no such thing as a coincidence."

No, sir. But there is such a thing as a bald-faced lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment